The common complaints are:
1. Difficulty in passing stool in terms of discomfort and holding the urge.
2. Difficulty in sitting for a long period.
3. Lack of natural softness in perianal area.
4. Soiling of clothes.
5. Passing of stool with urge of flatus.
6. Something holds the urge of defecation.
7. Persistence of previous symptoms presented prior to surgery.
My preceptors told me one important thing that complications such as stenosis, stricture and hypertrophic scar. I am fortunate enough that I have not come across a single patient of strciture after following some basic rules.
Results of extensive excisions:
Great degree of tissue loss: